GK 400RB-210 vs. Eden CXC-210 vs. Ampeg BA210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Modern Growl, Aug 29, 2005.

1. I'm undecided between the three at the moment.

What do you think are some general rules of thumb between the tone diffrences on these three combo's?

I can't try out the Eden easily without purchasing it so I'm a little hesitant on that. No dealers around me that have it on the floor to try.

Which would you go with out of the 3 and why?

High Character Growl n' Grind and Balls. Which of these three would you recomend for that? Gritty, Dirty tone?????
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Why not just buy a sansamp BDDI?
  3. I'm not looking for a Sansamp BDDI. I'm looking for an amp recomendation.
  4. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Based on your desired tone, I'd go G-K. The boost control is very helpful for growl and balls, and the more I've played my G-K heads, the more I go heavy on the boost. Also, the new generation of G-K heads is just outstanding. I assume they put those in the combos.

I've played Eden combos other than the 210, and I love the tone. I'd describe it as a smoother, warmer, more old-school tone than G-K, but the new G-K heads are a quite a bit warmer than the older ones so G-K may have closed the gap. (I have both generations of 700RB.)

I tried the Ampeg when I was shopping a few years ago, and thought the volume was sorely lacking for a 200 watt 2x10". I'm sure others disagree, but that was my impression.
  5. Tone i'm looking for is SOMEWHAT like Gary Willis on his solo Album "Bent"

6. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    G-K. I own the 400rb 2-10 combo and love it. Has plenty of gind and can crush with a 15 on the bottom which is what I drive for larger venues. I am an Ampeg tube fan but for the smaller solid state stuff I have not been impressed YMMV. Happy hunting and play through as much as you can.
  7. Would you recomend the 210 or the 115?