Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 400RB-III or RB-IV vs Ashdown MAG

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by robjs, Jan 16, 2005.

1. robjs

robjs

Dec 19, 2004
    Hi,

I'm looking for a new rig, and am considering heads.

I like the look and sound of the MAG300R from Ashdown, but the GK 400RB-III's (I can't find the 400RB-IV in the UK) samples sound awesome.

I play a Stingray 4string, and I'd like to maintain the versatility of being able to go from fairly smooth to biting, I'm not sure which head would be better.

I'm looking at 115 as well, the MAG Cab looks nice, what would you suggest were I to get the GK?

Rob

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    The 400 rb IV. This little thing is just 280 watts and blows amps rated for twice this power away. Its light, small, and in my opinion sounds much better than the behring....I mean ashdown. Besides, the GK is made in the good old US of A. I'm sure the quality control is better than the MAG series. To the best of my understanding the MAG's are chinese.

danman

3. I like GK RB IV. It sound more clear and uncoloured than Ashdown MAG. I use GK with all buttons set flat most of the time. Killer sound. :hyper: