Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 400RB-III Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dmielke, Mar 25, 2004.

1. dmielke

dmielke

Mar 25, 2004
    Hi,

I bought a Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III head off of ebay a week ago. When the head arrived, I got ready and plugged it in and it had no output from the powered out jacks in the back. With this problem, I started the investigative work.

I found the DI works, as long as you don't push the button to take the signal post EQ. At that point, output dies.

The preamp is fine. I plugged the effects loop out into the effects loop in of a Peavey combo, and it sounded great. all the knobs and buttons pertaining to the preamp worked fine. Made the Peavey sound much better :D

However, the main outs don't work. I think I've somewhat narrowed it down to an issue with the boost amp since the post EQ signal that feeds the DI is after the boost amp.

My issue is, should I try to have it repaired or should I send it back? I love the way the amp sounded patched through the combo, but at the same time, the ebay seller had a guarentee that it would be fully functioning, so I can send it back. Would this be an expensive fix?

Thanks for your help!

Dustin

2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    There'll be another one on the bay, if there isn't already, or one here or at bassgear.com or at your local shop or...