Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 400RB III

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DaS HaaS, Jun 15, 2004.

1. DaS HaaS

DaS HaaS

Feb 11, 2004
    Sunrise, Florida
    Endorsing Artist - Ampeg, Ernie Ball
    Hello;
    I have a GK 400RB III, and i've noticed that the clip light comes on for a few seconds shortly after the amp is powered down. Is this normail? It will do it even if i plug it in and turn it on then off right away with no cables plugged into it.

2. Are you talking about the clip light by the input jack or the Power/Protect light by the master output? If it's the Power/Protect light, it will turn red then blue when you first turn the unit on. This is normal. If the clip light is coming on, I'm not sure what is going on.

3. DaS HaaS

DaS HaaS

Feb 11, 2004
    Sunrise, Florida
    Endorsing Artist - Ampeg, Ernie Ball
    Its the clip light by the input jack

4. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Nothing to worry about.

5. IS your volume down when you turn it on???

6. I noticed the same thing on my B2R I used to have. I think as the rails power down the little left-over sound bites in there are trying to get out, so they use the LEDs to do it before they get squashed.

But seriously folks, I think it is that the juice is fading from the power supply rails, and as it goes down it gets to a certain point where the LED thinks its clipping. Then as the amp powers down all the way, and the light fades out, kinda like a good song.

BT