1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 400rb iv + neo 115 + neo 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bajomania, Apr 9, 2015.

1. bajomania

bajomania

Apr 9, 2015
    Hi guys,,,, i own a rb 400 iv head. I use it with a neo 115 iii cab, and just bought a neo 112 to complet the stack so I can get the 280 rms.

The GK creew sais its a nice combination (rb400 iv + neo115 8ohms + neo 112 8 ohms)

What do you guys think????

2. I would have went with a set of matching cabs (2 X 112 OR 2 X 115), but if it works for you.......

iualum likes this.
  3. bajomania

bajomania

Apr 9, 2015
    Thanks,,, what do you think are tho pros and con of this configuration,,, having in mind its only a 400rb head with 280 rms on 4ohms

4. Well, it should be quite a bit louder with the extra speaker but there MAY be tonal issues with the two different boxes interacting with each other(reinforcing some frequencies while canceling others). You'll just have to try it and see. I would have gone for another 115, which is a guaranteed win.

iualum and bajomania like this.
  5. bajomania

bajomania

Apr 9, 2015
    Thanks,,, what do you think are tho pros and cons of this configuration,,, having in mind its only a 400rb head with 280 rms on 4ohms

6. Pros:

Modular rig - take one cab when needed, or both.

Cons:

Low wattage by today's standards
    Mixed speaker sizes can cause phasing issues ( areas of constructive and destructive interference/ areas of loud bass and areas of no bass around the room). Mixed speakers also presents the problem of EQ'ing. Unless each cab sounds exactly the same, any EQ'ing you do is usually a compromise to get both sounding good.

bajomania likes this.
  7. bajomania

bajomania

Apr 9, 2015
    ups,,, seems like i did nto make the best deal this time,,,, I though it would be a nice cabinet to complet my stack

8. Well it might be. There's just no way to know until you try it.

bajomania likes this.
  9. You may like it.

Many posters here mix cabs regularly, and the world does not end. In the end, it comes down to what sounds good to YOU.

bajomania likes this.
  10. bajomania

bajomania

Apr 9, 2015
    Thanks guys,,, i will see if i can replase the purchase for another neo115....

dieselman likes this.
  11. bajomania

bajomania

Apr 9, 2015
    Ok,,, finaly today i will get the other neo 115,,, prety exited about it,,,, Its no easy to buy these things where i live, (Chile)

Thanks guys for the good advise,

12. bajomania

bajomania

Apr 9, 2015
    Ok,,,, so i finally got the second 115 cab... What do you think about the set up now... its a GK 400rb + neo 115 + neo 115... Would the 400rb lift both cabinets? it has no problem pusinng one neo 115, but now tha i bought the second neo 115, im afarid the head has no powe to pussh both cabinets. will i get the 280wats rms out of the 2 115 400watts neo cabs'

13. 280 watts is plenty to drive those cabs. Will it drive them to or past the cabs limits, not likely, but it is not a good idea to do that anyway. You should get a lot of sound from that setup.

bajomania likes this.
  14. bajomania

bajomania

Apr 9, 2015
    Well thas so good to hear, i havent tried both yet working togeater, so im a bit nervous about it, i spent some good money on this and i want it to work well

15. It will sound great and be very loud if you want it to be.

16. bajomania

bajomania

Apr 9, 2015
    Thanks guys,,, i feel much more confident now.

B-string likes this.
  17. bajomania

bajomania

Apr 9, 2015
    Well, so finaly last night i had tha chance to tray my new set up... el it sounds great, enough power, punch and volume to blow my neighborhood away, it moves enough air for me so im really happy whith this gear.

its really impresive how there is no need to realy pump up the volume.

;)

B-string and Zoa like this.
  18. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Yes.

19. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Again, yes.

20. iualum

iualum