1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gk 400rb knobs???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pghjeeper, Mar 22, 2011.

1. pghjeeper

pghjeeper

Mar 11, 2011
    Hey all I recently picked up a used GK 400rb it looked rough but played great and I got a smoking deal on it. The outside metal case was rough, solved that by taking it apart and painting it with krylon texture paint....looks just like new. It also is missing one knob and almost all of the gray inserts. Anyonne have any idea of what I can do to replace the knobs? I thought about getting some marshall type knobs with set screws or are all knobs threaded the same? Any ideas?

2. Bassman822

Bassman822

Sep 1, 2007
    Bessemer, AL
    Call or email GallienKrueger and see what they have to offer

3. lowendrv

lowendrv

Dec 12, 2007
    SoCal
    Most good electronic supply stores will plenty of different knobs that will work. Or just call GK customer service if you want original.

4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    My old beat-to-death 400RB has the original knobs but if they fell off, I'd go to radio shack and get some. Part of the charm is the scratches, dents and broken handle from gig after gig after gig... No one "relic'ed" my friggin' backup amp - it just got USED.

5. lowendrv

lowendrv

Dec 12, 2007
    SoCal
    +1
    400RB's are supposed to get beat up. Used and abused they are pretty good work horses.

6. Jason Brown

Jason Brown

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    dannylectro likes this.
  7. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    +2
    These things are built like tanks,and I'll bet mine outlasts anything else I own!

8. pghjeeper

pghjeeper

Mar 11, 2011
    GK is out of the gray inserts I was able to get 4 but I need 2 more. I with the used look but I bought it used and I want to beat it up LOL.

9. dannylectro

dannylectro Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Do what I do - stick in pieces of plastic cut from milk bottles/yogurt containers. mark with a Sharpie. Move on from there. Your amp will still be working. No one can see and no one will care.

10. Winston Wolf

Winston Wolf Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    Are the 400rb knob caps that you're looking for the same as the ones on an 800rb?

11. pghjeeper

pghjeeper

Mar 11, 2011
    Yes

12. Winston Wolf

Winston Wolf Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    I have a few left that you can have. PM me and I'll reply after work later tonight.

13. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'm missing the grey inserts on two of my knobs... Given its overall condition, it matters not.

Now, were I trying to sell it...

14. MikeyPic

MikeyPic

Jan 28, 2011
    The guy at SamAsh by me was able to look it up and order it, real cheap. Knobs and inserts sold separately.

15. analogcabin

analogcabin Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Afton, VA
    Anyone have just ONE knob and a cap or 2 knobs for the Old Old type 400RB/800RB?
    (The type on the right)

Wow this would help me out!

705D6229-440E-417F-B19D-7D167B384102.

16. Many years back, when I first got mine, I called G-K to ask about buying a couple of inserts.
    Before i finish asking, the lady on the other end interupted me with "Yeah we know, they fall out. How many do you need and where do we ship them".
    Great customer service.
    No charge!

Unfortunatly, I have heard they ran out of them.

I expect there are many knobs that will fir.
    Some may even look close.
    If you buy a full set to have them match, save the old ones for those needing one or two.

17. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Supporting Member

Get some chicken-heads

800rbs.