1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 400RB + SBX410 + SBX115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wadge, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I would like to have this question answered before I do anything stupid. I currently have a Gallien Kruger 400RB head and I am thinking of purchasing an SBX410. However, I would also like to add a SBX 115. I realise that the amp is underpowered for both cabs but I don't really mind. THe question however is whether I could cause any damage to the amp or to the cabs by running them like that.

Any help will be much appretiated before I actually put some money down.

2. No help on this. I would really appretiate some info here before I actually drop the cash.

3. gil_mor

gil_mor

Apr 24, 2006
    Talent, OR
    If you play at low volumes - then no, underpower wont damage your rig.

When you push your amp hard, it can put out distortoin - that means the cabs are getting some DC currnent - which will make the coils to heat. this can cause damege.

Just play with your ears and stay out from cliping.

How loud do you play?

4. Thanks for the reply.

I don't really play too loud. I hardly ever go more than half way on the amp volume any way.

There has been a development since my last post. I purchased the GK sbx 410 and took it for a first gig at a big outdoor gig (2000 people), big stage, PA support, the works.

As luck would have it, the bass player of one of the other bands had the sbx 115 and we agreed to stack our two cabs. I enjoyed playing through that rig and I'm pretty definite that I shall be purchasing the 1x 15 cab to go with my 4x10