1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 550 Fusion question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Buddah999, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Buddah999

Buddah999

Oct 29, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    I've been wondering about how this amp is seeing as I cant find a single retailer that sells it to try it out. Also, I have a RB1001-II connected to 2 1x12 neo cabs. If I pick up the 550, will this be enough? Or will I have to invest in new cabs?

2. Buddah999

Buddah999

Oct 29, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Wow, so I guess nobody owns this amp? Whats the deal? I want to know if it is everything that I have ever dreamed of. You know, like how they promise you in the fairy tails? Except my happy ending is the GK sound with tubie goodness??? Please! I cant take much more suspense!!

3. Do a search dude. The amp hasn't been out long but several topics on it have been covered already.

4. Buddah999

Buddah999

Oct 29, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    See, thats the thing. I have done a search. And a few people said they own it, but noone has given a true review of the amp... pro's and con's. I was hoping to read one soon seeing as this might be the amp I want to buy, but no real information on this product... unless I missed a thread...

5. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
  6. Depends on what context you are going to use it in. I use it with a 112 and a 115 and it's p-l-e-n-t-y loud.

What more do you want to know?

Dan

7. Buddah999

Buddah999

Oct 29, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Well... after reading that wonderful review...

I'M TOTALLY GONNA PICK IT UP!!! OMG G.A.S.!!!!!

Now my last concern is...

I use a RB1001-II with two 1x12 cabs at 600 watts @ 4ohms total. The 1001 is 75watts @ 4ohms and the Fusion 550 os 500watts @ 4ohms. I learned that I should have a little more room on my head than my cabs can handle. Will I need to buy new speakers for this head? Or will these speakers be enough.

That should be my last question before this thread goes into the dark abyss...

Thanks!!!

8. you should be fine my 8x10 is rated at 1000 watts i play through it with a 800rb and have been for 2 years now and never had a problem

9. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Hipshot
    Hey man,

I think you mis-typed the power rating on the 1001... it's 700 watts @ 4ohms, IIRC (used to own one). As far as the Fusion goes, it should be more than enough power for the cabs you have. I'm eventually thinking about a 550 + Neo 412 setup, which should rock pretty hard!

10. Buddah999

Buddah999

Oct 29, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    You are correct sir... I ment 750 (with the bi-amping) at 4ohms.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Gotta get rid of this G.A.S.!!!

11. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Hipshot
    I think the only way to do that is to buy one! I'm in the same boat, btw!

12. Remember that reviews are purely personal preference. I hope you can get out and try one before you buy it..I'd hate for someone to buy one based off of a review (especially mine) and hate it:D

Dan

13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I saw one for the 1st time yesterday. Nice amp for sure, but those motorized knobs seem like one more thing to go wrong. That's a deal breaker for me, if I were amp shopping.