1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD GK 700RB-II; Neo 410--St Louis/KC/Columbia MO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Chef, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Confessions of a gear freak:
    I knew I wanted an RB series bi-amp ready head to go with my GK Neo bi-amp ready cabs...I just didn't know which one.
    So, I bought both the 700RB-II and 1001RB-II to see which one I liked better.

A lot of guys say they like the 700 better "because they can push the power amp to the rails without destroying buildings."

Quite frankly, either of the two amps are more power than I need, and since I'm pushing neither of them hard, I just set what flavor I want via the boost control and call it good. I'm keeping the 1001 out of sheer principle: I've always preferred to have ''Way More Than Enough Power'' as opposed to "just way more than enough power."

700RB-II $350
    The 700RB-II is about 1 year old, in fine shape, and just recently cleaned, serviced and had a couple of caps replaced which were causing the amp to "make a small thump" sound at the end of the power down cycle. $111 service tag at my GK authorised service center, she's certified ready to roll.

Neo 410 8 ohm $375
    The Neo 410 an 8 ohm model, showing the wear you'd expect from cared for use with no cover.
    800 watts RMS,
    1600 watts peak, 8 ohms,
    64lbs, with pop out casters,
    measures 26.5x23.5x18.5
    103dB sensitivity, 132 max spl means it's a very efficient cab, it gets pretty dang loud with minimal watts, and really, really loud with more!!! Frequency response of 30hz to 19kHz makes it the deepest tuned cab of GK's Neo line.
    GK's Paragon lightweight neo drivers go to about 5kHz without the horn, so you can great full-range "vintage" tone without use of the horn, *and* great, snappy cleaner modern tones by dialing in however much horn you want to use via the attenuator on the back of the cab.

If you use a GK biamp ready head, you can set the horn level on the front of the amp.
    Can be used in either bi-amp mode with GB RB series heads, or in full range with any other amplifier

Really, I wouldn't be selling it if I didn't already have two GK Neo 112's, and two GK Neo 212's..........

These two make an absolutely killin' combination; and I am willing to deal on the pair if you buy both.

For now, I'd prefer an in state deal, and they are listed on my local craigslist.

2. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    photos:
    rb700.
    neo410.

3. Hounddog

Hounddog Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    Bump
    For an awesome Amp @ a great price.

4. Hey Chef, just curious. did you go to Mizzou? I was there 73-74 and had a WONDERFUL time. (graduated from UMSL in '76)

5. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Yessir, I did, from 79-83, with about 18 months off in the middle there....

6. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    pm's replied: still all here

7. crusie

crusie

Oct 19, 2009
    Djursland, Denmark
    shame you are so far away - I don't even know why I bother reading classfields on here - noone ever sells to little Denmark :(.

I'll just bump for you - it's a truely nice rig.

8. Will the cab come with the bi-amp Speakon for bi-amp operation?

9. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Yessir, I can do that.

10. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    pm's replied;still here