GK 700RB-II / SWR 4x10 Goliath Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by igwin, Mar 4, 2010.


  1. igwin

    igwin

    Aug 13, 2007
    A friend of mine just hooked me up with his old SWR 4x10 Goliath cab, now its time to power this beast. I really like GK's products but unsure which head will be best for my SWR cab. I was thinking either the 700RB-II or the 1001RB-II. I would love to save a little money so I'm leaning towards the 700.... what do you guys think? After searching around I notice people really really like the 1001RB-II but I'm wondering if that head is a little much for me??

    The project I'm in is a Rock & Roll band with some metal and punk rock influences (drummer, singer, and two guitarists).

    By the way this is my first time posting on the TalkBass forum and I got to say its freaking awesome!
     
  2. B-string

    B-string Supporting Member

    The 700RB II will take care of 95% of your future needs, the remaining 5% should have PA support. Contact www.rmcaudio.com and ask for an "Old School Quote" it's worth it!
     
  3. igwin

    igwin

    Aug 13, 2007
    So you think the two match up pretty good then? I'm thinking the 1001RB-II might be a little over kill. If and when we start playing out we will be in small venues. The lead guitarist plays through a Mesa Rectifier and the other guitarist plays through and old 4x12 Cavin cab and head.
     
  4. rptrsn2

    rptrsn2

    Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Endorsing Artist: Aurora Strings
    gk heads are at their best whrn pushed a little, i play some decent sized places and outdoors and hardly push the 700 hard with a 210 and 115. 1001 would be way too much unless you where playing some really huge venue, but a show that size would have a good pa. just think the 1001 is overkill
     
  5. B-string

    B-string Supporting Member

    ^ what he said! :D
     
  6. igwin

    igwin

    Aug 13, 2007
    Awesome, I think I'm going to go with the 700RB-II. My band and wallet thank you all.
     
  7. baddarryl

    baddarryl Supporting Member

    Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    I am debating between a 700 RB-II and an Eden WTX 500 myself for a Goliath II
     

Share This Page