GK 700RB-II w/Avatar B115H/B210 Neo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dirty Dave, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    The GK 700RB-II is rated for 480 watts at 4 ohms and 320 watts at 8 ohms. The Avatar cabs in question are both rated for 600 watts at 8 ohms.

If I am not mistaken (and please correct me if I am), the GK is going to send a maximum of 240 watts to each 8 ohm cabinet. Is that enough for the Avatars? I have read some posts about "underpowering" lately. Should I concerned about that with this combination?

I suppose I could pay more for the 1001RB-II, but I currently use a 300 watt amp that is more than loud enough for every situation I have been in. My band is always asking me to turn down. Therefore, I am very confident that the 700RB-II will provide plenty of headroom and would rather not spend the extra money if it isn't necessary.

What are your thoughts? Anyone using this set-up or a similarly powered rig?
  2. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    It should be fine. I've driven a 4ohm Avatar B410 (bypassing the internal speakers) from my Ampeg B328 combo which is only 150watts without any problem. You should reconsider the 1001RB-II vs. the 700RB-II if you can swing it though... The cost difference is only $100 (riksmusic.com) and the extra headroom is more than worth it.

- Frank.