1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 700RB II With Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassMick, Apr 16, 2010.

1. BassMick

BassMick

Apr 13, 2010
    Hello everyone,

Im curious to know which cab mates well with the GK700 RB II?

Thank you for your time!

2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I have a pair of 700rb-IIs that I've been gigging for over a year and a half, and they've worked well with any cab I've used... My main gigging cab is a Mesa PH610, and this pairing really rocks - PLENTY loud with lots of headroom for even the loudest gigs, tons of low end, and crystal clear highs... I've also gigged it lots of times with an SVT810e with great results - and use an SVT-410HLF or a Goliath Sr frequently, again - with very good results... Sounds great with my Peavey 215D-BW that's Kappa LFA loaded...

Truth is, I feel that amp is one of the best ever made, and expect it would work well with any cab that's 4ohms and above... Congrats on an excellent purchase

- georgestrings

3. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Rigpics.

G-Kspt2003.

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    As a gk guy, I would say the goldline 4x10(which is what I use with my gk 700rb-II), one of the neo bass cabs, and the rbx 4x10 matches well with the 700rb-II. if you want another option, give the hartke hydrive 4x10 bass cab a shot.

5. BassMick

BassMick

Apr 13, 2010
    Thanks for the info! , I don't own one. I wish I did, I'm just asking around, so I make sure when I make my purchase, there will be no disappointments.

6. I like the way it sounds through my Tube Works 410 and Avatar 212 or SWR 18. I like having a tweeter though so I can get the high end pop that my GK likes to give me when I slap.

7. I run my 700RBII through 1 GK NEO 112 (8ohms) for quite gigs and practice; and 2 NEO 112s (4ohms) for gigs with drummers.

The tone is incredible, the flexibility is great (only carting around 30 a 30 lb. cab when that's all that's needed), the weight is great (under 70 lbs for the two cabs), and plenty of headroom (especially if running through the house).

8. BassMick

BassMick

Apr 13, 2010
  9. BassMick

BassMick

Apr 13, 2010
  10. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
  11. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    I am running The 1001rb II the big brother of the 700 nad yeah what can i say that has not already been said they are a great Head....I have also ran the 700 rb in a combo and loved it!! Like the guy befor me said if the 410 you looking at is 4 ohms then yes...as for me i run 2 8 ohm SWR Goliath 410's and LOVE LOVE LOVE Them!!! You will never regret that head no matter what Cab you put under it!!! GK Makes The Best Heads for the Best Price Bar None!! IMHO :D Best Of Luck Cheers Mate!!

12. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

They're a great amp - you won't regret buying one...

- georgestrings

13. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I have done the exact same thing w/ a pair of Avatar 112 neos.

14. I really think my GK SBX 410 and my 115 sound really good with my 700RB. I've also played it on the RBH series and the RBX series, but there's something about the RBX and SBX that really brings out what I like about this head. I'm a fan of using matching head/cab combinations (nothing against those who don't). Once again, I think using GK cabs with the GK heads allow you to use your head the way it was designed to be used.

15. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It would really be in your best interest to pair it with another GK cab to take advantage of the biamping.

I pair my 700RBII with an SWR Goliath Jr 210 (8 ohms) and it sounds very good, but not as growly as it would with a GK cab.

16. BassMick

BassMick

Apr 13, 2010
    GK Head to GK Cab is the most growl you can ever get?

17. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    The 700rbII is a wickedly good head! I don't know that the head is anymore "growly" with a GK cab, but I do know it's so sweet to have the ability to adjust the horn on the front of the head. Much nicer than having to crawl around the back of the cab to make adjustments.

I try to run the head with as little cab as I can get away with, because I like the sound of the rig pushed. I run with a GK Neo 112 (series1) most of the time. But it's pushed. I had thought about another 112, but then it would be a four ohm load, and more wattage from the head. Instead, I run a 212 on bigger gigs.... but again, if I think I can get away with just the 112, I take that instead. I've run both cabs on a few dates, and it's incredible!

18. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Another G-K Neo 112 cab user here (first gen), and they're a fantastic match. I used to use an SWR Goliath III 4x10, which has been mentioned, and that was a fantastic match as well. I think the G-K Neo twelves provide fatter lows, but those SWR 4x10's sound great with the 700RB-II. (Indeed, the Goliath is so efficient that a four ohm version with the 700RB-II could probably cover fairly large venues.) I ditched mine because it was heavy and I rarely need something that big. For those situations, I would now use two Neo112's.

19. With a Neo112 running at 8 ohms, you wont push your amp as much as with another Neo112 (or another 4 ohm set-up). You want to push the amp, not the cab. Running it at 4 ohms will get more out of it than at 8. If you want growl, keep the tweeter, woofer, and boost as low as possible while cranking the input volume. Do the opposite for a cleaner tone.