1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 700RB II With Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassMick, Apr 16, 2010.

1. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    It has better capabilities for growl with the 8ohm, only because you're able to push the master and boost up without getting too loud. With the 4 ohm load, you're putting out full wattage from the head, where the 8 ohm is only about 320 watts (not including the tweeter amp).

If I take my 212 (8ohm), then it has to be a larger stage/venue, because I'm going to dial in some grunt. If I do that on a small stage, I'll be asked to turn down. So, in those cases, I take the 112. On a larger stage, I could take two 112's, but then I'm pushing all 480 watts..... again, I could be too loud. With the 212 at 8ohms I'm only at 320 watts.... crank it baby!

I know it's a bit to think about, but as you start gigging it around, you'll get a feel for what you need to take. We have a decent PA, and the band's stage volume is not loud (it's great having a guitarist and drummer that are volume savvy), so I can get away with a lot more..... like gigging with only a 112.

Ljazz

2. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    I run my GK700RB II with a Avatar 210. I plan on pairing it with either a 212 or 115 when I start gigging more frequently. Probably going to go with a GK cab.

IMG01083.