1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 700RB owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Missing_Deltora, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Hey, I just wanna make sure before i buy a road case for my new amp, but will the GK 700RB head fit in a 2ru case? or should i get a bigger one. I dont plan on fitting anything else into the case

2. Yup, GK700 is exactly 2 roulette udders.

3. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Not sure about the 700RB, but with the 700RBII it is suggested to leave one rack space above the amp open (you can use a rack spacer with holes in it, or a rack fan) so that the vent & fan on top can work and the amp won't overheat. Worth looking into as I'd hate to see your amp go up in a blaze of glory. :(

4. Warfrat73

Warfrat73

Nov 18, 2007
    Milwaukee
    +1

5. Warfrat73

Warfrat73

Nov 18, 2007
    Milwaukee
    that is to say the 700RB manual says "Make certain that proper space is provided for ventilation. The 700RB Series requires at least 1/2 inch clearance above for proper ventilation"

6. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Get yourself a jigsaw and cut a hole in the top :)

7. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I suggest you get a 4 space shallow depth rack. That way, if you ever want to add anything like a wireless or a racktuner, you wont have to replace the rack.