1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK 700rbII vs. Shuttlemax 9.2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MycooLeeyun, Aug 12, 2012.

1. MycooLeeyun

MycooLeeyun Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey,
    I'm looking to get a new amp and I'm pretty set on the shuttlemax 9.2. I've been playing through my GK700rbii into an Avatar B410 neo cab for a while now and am looking to change up my tone a bit. I wanted to know what I can expect from such a change.. I'm really looking for a rounder tone that can still growl. Also, I'm not sure what grounds I've made this assumption on but I feel like the Avatar B410 is not a great cab match for the shuttlemax. What do you guys think about this situation? What would a good cab match be for the shuttlemax 9.2 besides the uber cabs? Thanks for the help!

2. MycooLeeyun

Sep 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Bump

3. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    from personal experience in back line rentals with a GK1000RB i had issues. While in Europe, the rental 1000RB would suddenly cut out on me while running only an 8 ohm load on a gig that was indoors and a cool environment. It would only go out for about 3-4 seconds. RED LED would come on then the amp would come back on... DOnt think the DI went out because the FOH said nothing. But it happened about 4 times in a 90 min set.
    Same thing happened when i got home and borrowed a 1000RB from fellow TB bass player fishtx.....

So now when i travel, i always fly or carry my Genz SM 9.2 or STL900 because i Never have an issue with them.. and the DI Always gets a two thumbs up.. Just my .02

PS... i know the 1000RB is different but similar to the 700 that you are talking about.

not familiar with your cab.. but it should be pretty nice. Lots of folks here have them....
    With the dual semi para mid eq and Global Bass. Mid. Treb controls you can do some drastic EQ if you so wanted... Just love my Shuttlemax amp

4. MycooLeeyun

Sep 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the input!