1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK 800 RB and a BBE 482i

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sbemobass, Jul 19, 2004.

1. sbemobass

sbemobass

Jul 19, 2004
    many people are sayin gi need a compressor for this amp, im running a powerhouse 1000 by mesa as well......I was wondering if the bbe maxcom or the bbe max 482i would be the better way to go....im trying to get a more tube like tone, my set up is lacking if anyone has any suggested settings for my amp PLEASE let me know. oh yeah i play in in a pop punk band if tha thelps for tone settings thanks alot

aim: sbemobass
    email: stbailey@ncsu.edu

2. Mersenne

Mersenne

Jul 18, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Adding a good quality compressor (IMO) is always a good idea, provided you have the $$ and the space. But if you're looking for the tube sound, I would highly recommend a SansAmp pre-amp (either rack-mount or pedal). As just about everyone will say, those things sound great and provide that quintessential tube sound, without a huge price tag -- I think roughly $200 - $300.

As far as the BBE 482i goes -- I've got one of those in my rack and I love it, although it's certainly not a compressor. Works great for bass because it tightens up the sound as well as fills it out a bit.