Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 800 RB and a BBE 482i

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sbemobass, Jul 19, 2004.

1. sbemobass

sbemobass

Jul 19, 2004
    many people are sayin gi need a compressor for this amp, im running a powerhouse 1000 by mesa as well......I was wondering if the bbe maxcom or the bbe max 482i would be the better way to go....im trying to get a more tube like tone, my set up is lacking if anyone has any suggested settings for my amp PLEASE let me know. oh yeah i play in in a pop punk band if tha thelps for tone settings thanks alot

aim: sbemobass
    email: stbailey@ncsu.edu

2. Mersenne

Mersenne

Jul 18, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Adding a good quality compressor (IMO) is always a good idea, provided you have the $$ and the space. But if you're looking for the tube sound, I would highly recommend a SansAmp pre-amp (either rack-mount or pedal). As just about everyone will say, those things sound great and provide that quintessential tube sound, without a huge price tag -- I think roughly $200 - $300.

As far as the BBE 482i goes -- I've got one of those in my rack and I love it, although it's certainly not a compressor. Works great for bass because it tightens up the sound as well as fills it out a bit.