Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 800rb + 3 Aggie 112nt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jackson0321, May 17, 2005.

1. jackson0321

jackson0321

Apr 4, 2001
    Houston, TX
    i have a gk800 and an ampeg 610, want to get rid of teh big cab and get some small stuff. was thinking about running two ag112 on the 300watt amp and one on the 100watt amp, anybody try this or have any thoughts. i want the nt cos its cheaper and i dont see the point of tweeters.

2. I'm not sure how well the Aggie will work with the 100W amp. Not to say it won't work, but the GS112 likes power.

That said, the 800RB and GS112 are a good match in my experience. That's my "big" rig. The pillow-y warmth of the GS112 balance the aggressive nature of the 800RB. I'm not a fan of tweeters in general, but the GS112 tweeter isn't bad. I keep one of them dialed up slightly to provide definition.

3. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    I'll bet that would be a killer rig !! I agree with tighbidness in that the 100w top-end power section may not provide enough power running full-range, however if you biamp it and set the crossover point say above 150hz, you may get more out of it. It's hard to say. Just a thought.

4. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    100 watts is 100 watts=a bare minimum of audio output can't hurt. If you don't mind spending $400 for a speaker that will only be working 1/3rd as hard as the other two, what the hell. But crossing-over isn't a good idea. just run everything full range. It'll be punchier that way. Your mileage may vary.