GK 800RB + Ampeg 8x10e...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Apr 22, 2005.

1. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I played that combo as a backline in a Festival last week. I liked it a lot. It's strange cause the 800 is suppossed to be 300watts, but to me it sounds so much more powerful than that. It can run the SVT810 w/o problems. The GK is clean and a little bright, but it complements the bassy and punchy SVT810; and the cab also mellows out the GKs; brightness nicely. But if you want the extra headroom the 1001RB is said to be awesome too. I use a premp/poweramp combo as my main amp. But I've always wanted to get an 800RB just cause it's one of the only solid state amps that I like (all of the have been GK by the way).

The 800 is an awesome powerful, little and lightweight amp. I recommend it if you dont want to go up to the more powerful GK amps.

Hope this helped...
  2. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Flea used that combo (times about 3 or 4) on SNL when they played Stone Cold Bush... It sounded pretty cool. Very punchy, as in, just thumping punch.

I played a GK 1001 through an ampeg 6x10, that was pretty nice as well. And that's coming from someone who doesn't like Ampeg =/