Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 800RB and Hartke?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thumper69, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Thumper69

Thumper69

Jan 9, 2002
    I'm checking out a used 800RB head w/ a Hartke 115XL. Anyone know how/if this combination will work? If so, what about adding a 2nd cab for bi-amping?

Thanks!

2. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    that would work fine. just get a 210 cab later and you're set. how much are they asking for the 800rb and the 115xl? what kind of condition are they in?

3. Thumper69

Thumper69

Jan 9, 2002
    Thanks for the reply, Captainpabst. The seller says both are in good condition and he wants $300 obo for each. I offered him $400 for both since I've yet to see or hear them, pretty low bid I know, but I don't really want the Hartke that much. I'm just looking for a decent club rig.

Actually, if I start leaning towards the $1000 range I'm considering a Carvin stack. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

4. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    i think 600 for both would be kinda high, but 400 for both is a pretty good deal.

as far as carvin goes, the concensus on the board is that the heads are quality, but the cabinets are a little lacking. use the search function (upper blue strip on the left) and you'll find many carvin threads.

for around 1000k there are many options. it's always good to keep checking ebay - and also get to guitar center or mars music or some other big store and play everything they have. see what you like best, then go after it. good luck. :cool: