1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 800RB Boost and DI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bringitlow, Jun 6, 2012.

1. bringitlow

bringitlow

Jun 19, 2009
    San Diego
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that the Gallien Krueger 800RB's DI comes after the EQ and before the Boost circuitry.

So does this mean when I'm DI'd at a venue ( which I am 90% of the time) the nice warm grit that comes from my cranked boost control is onstage only, and not in the house PA? :meh:

Thanks in advance!

2. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
  3. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
  4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Mic a speaker. It's not a sin ya know...every other instrument does it. If a soundman won't do that, they're just assuming a bass doesn't have tone. According to them, you are there to be a dry, clean, virtually non-existant rumble under the band with nobody knowing what the hell you're playing, just noticing "something's missing" if you stop mid-song. Not that many people would notice in some giant line array system that's just set for guitars, vocals and drums. Their idea of adding definition to a bass is putting fret clack on top of sun woof, then turning the clack back down.

Heard it all too many times...even with big acts and high-dollar systems. A truly good sound mix, and engineer, is something to appreciate. There aren't that many good ones out there, even in the higher levels of the industry. Sad but true. It's a damn shame when you can hear what everybody in the band is playing better at your local bar than you can at $100+ a ticket. I don't even go to big shows anymore unless they're outdoors...usually get better sound out there....