Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 800RB fuses HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SockMonkey, Dec 16, 2001.

1. SockMonkey

SockMonkey

Oct 26, 2001
    Irvine, CA
    yesterday i bought a used 800RB from GC. After taking it home and finding it didnt turn on. (They claimed i couldnt try it in the store cuz it didnt have a power cord), i checked all the parts and found it had a blown fuse. the amp says it requires an 8amp/125volt fuse, however the blown fuse was a 10amp/250volt fuse. This worries me because GC seems to have sold me a broken POS. I shouldnt have bought it but it was such a good deal for 350. Oh well, any ideas of what else it could be?

2. if they sold it to u like that bring it back and tell em to fix the POS they sold u and make it a good Gk like its meant to be. Seriously if they sold it to you like that they should fix it for you.

3. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    Does GC let you bring used stuff back that doesn't work, or is it no returns/refunds??

4. SockMonkey

SockMonkey

Oct 26, 2001
    Irvine, CA
    They took my money back but first offered to swap me a new 400rb for or a new 800 for 550 had i had the extra cash i woulda got the new 800 but unfortunatley i didnt