Gk 800RB owners.. Knob Problem...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Oct 12, 2004.

1. yeah, i got a knob problem. any GK 800RB owners out there ever lose the tops to the knobs on yer amp? Not the whole knob itself, just the little part on top that has the white line showing where the fark your setting is?? I've lost about 5 of 'em and now i'm kinda just "playing by ear" and my settings are never the same for each show. I lost 2 of 'em last week alone.

Where's our resident GK dude? i need some advice on this if you can sell me the tops or do i need new knobs or what???
  2. You can get just the caps. You don't have to replace the whole knob. Just call in and ask for Lany.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Amen. And glue them on for Pete's sake!
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yep, I have broken off some knobs on my 1001RB, and Lany really helped me out. Got me everything I needed. You might get a whole new set as they are rubberized now, so they all match. And they fit tighter.
  5. The 800RB still has the old style knobs.
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, and so did my 1001, but they only sell the rubberized ones.
  7. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    And another reason for gluing on the centers...I had a 400RB for awhile and thought I was running it at about 3/4 volume on the master. But then I turned it all the way down and found that the center wasn't pointing where it should have been and I'd been running it at full volume. Same problem with the Eden I had. Those centers can move around and then it's unclear what the real setting is. Glue 'em down!