1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 800rb problems please help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j-bass-kreep, Apr 7, 2006.

1. hello.

I use a GK 800rb and been loving its tone and power since I got it . however I've been having some trouble with it ; for examplesometimes in the first songs of the set (never in the last ones) the volume suddenly gets crazy it goes very high for about 2-3 seconds .

When this happens I'm usually playing in old places thats why many people told me to get a power conditioner . Will this solve my problem ? :help:

2. My old GK used to get weird once in a while. I think it was related to going between warm and cold environments (inside and outside).

I re-soldered the input, output and effects loop jacks and haven't had a problem since.
    Try cleaning the pots first though since thats easier. :)

3. thanks . so the problem has nothing to do with the power supply ? I bought the amp used but the previous owner said that he had serviced it , thats why I haven't cleaned the pots .