1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK 800RB with a Bergantino NV610?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TSanders, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Ok, so I have had a long love affair with GK gear. I had a GK deal for a while, and really think their ams are some of the best out there for the tone Im going for. Ive been through a ton of amps in the last couple years, EA, to Aguilar, to SWR, to Eden.

Ive taken a strong liking to Bergantino cabs, and am leaning towards selling or trading my SWR Bass 750 for another GK head. Just a simple old school 800RB.

I play blues and rock, and could see the 800RB atop the NV being a cool combo.

Anyone tried this, and care to chime in?

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I haven't done that combo, but I played a 1001RB-II plugged into an Ampeg 810 and it was RIGHTEOUS!!! So I can see your proposed rig sounding awesome.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

If you like the RB800 and NV610 individually then it's a safe bet that you'll like 'em together.

I used my Carvin B800 with my NV610 at rehearsal last week and they were a great match. Point being, the NV610 sounds great with solid state amps too... you don't need all-tube to make it sound good!

4. Ill know if this is a good combo in the next week or so.

Just got an 800RB for a good price.

5. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I have a 2001RB into an NV610 currently and it's rocking and rolling.

6. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    My 1001RB-II rips with the NV610. The two certainly work well together IMO if you are into the GK sound. Not much else to add...

7. Thanks. Good to hear. I love the GK sound. I ran a 1001RB-II to a GK Neo212/Neo115 stack for over a year when I had a GK deal.