Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 800rb ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SubDubMan, May 28, 2002.

1. SubDubMan

SubDubMan

Apr 26, 2002
    Anyone have a GK 800rb??
    If so what cab(s) do you use with it??
    Tell me about it please, I've heard good things about it and I'm considering getting one, but unsure about what cab to get.

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've owned one for well over 10 years. it's a great amp that's very durable. it will sound good with just about any set of cabs. I used it in bi-amp mode in the early 90s: 2 separate generic 15" cabs and a JBL PA cab with 1 X 12" & a radial horn.

Later I ran the amp full range with one, sometimes two, Eden David 2 X 10" cabs.

While it's not the best top-of-the line amp, it does the job very well regardless of what type of music you play.

This topic has been covered a number of times in this forum (there are even threads comparing the 800rb to the 1001rb and 2000rb), so just do a search for "gk 800" and you find that a lot of good info has already been posted here.

3. newbalance802

newbalance802

May 16, 2002
    if you run a 800rb into any good 410 its gonna sound great!ive had one for 7 years and it has never ever broke once!that's reliability!

4. SubDubMan

SubDubMan

Apr 26, 2002
    thanks alot!!
    sorry about that, i totally forgot to search!
    ill go do that now... :)