Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 810 sbx

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, May 21, 2004.

1. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    anyone have any idea what the specs for the 810 sbx cab are?

2. 800 watts
    has a tweeter (you can turn it off if you want)
    Weighs around 132 pounds
    We changed the speaker so we haven't measured the frequency response on the new speaker yet. Price is $1199.

3. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    How about impedance?

4. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    well if i was a real jackass id say go here>>www.gallien-krueger.com but im not so ill tell you all the sbx series cabs are rated at 8 ohms (those that are listed on their site anyways)

5. Nothing about the 810 on their website, I would think that 4 ohms would make more sense. Is that 800 watts RMS and is it a sealed or vented cabinet design?

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    SBX cabs are sealed. RBH have porting. So am I right to assume the street price will match the 410RBH? Is this cab biampable?

~Patrick

7. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Dan,
    why are the new 8-10 cabs SBX instead of RBH? Would they not be better for rock if they were RBH? Could you offer them in a sealed RBH? Thanks, Bob

8. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    If I remember correctly, the SBX speakers are to heavy to be put in an RBH style cab.

~Patrick

9. It's sealed, 4 ohms. It's SBX instead of RBH, because it uses a similar speaker and is designed like the SBX. If it were an RBH, it would cost over 2 grand. It lists for $1199. We like that price and when you get a chance to hear it, you'll think we're selling for too little.