Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 8x10 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shaolinwhat, Aug 2, 2005.

1. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    So i saw that there is some 8x10 talk going down, so i figured id ask. Ive been using an ampeg 810 for a couple years now, no complaints here at all, i love that damn thing, but im curious about the gk 810. since i use gk heads, it might be cool to have a matching rig, assuming those cabs measure up to the ampeg. any opinions?

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I am interested in this too, though havent seen or heard too much about them.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They're okay, same basic thing as the Ampeg. As a GK lover, I prefer the sound of a GK into an Ampeg 810 than a GK 810. But love GK 15"s.

4. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    interesting...any reason you prefer the ampeg cab? i run a gk 700rbII into an ampeg 810, and it is perfection.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Not quite sure why... just always sounded good to me. Always thought the GK 10's were a little lacking in tone.

6. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    fair enough.. id still like to check out the gk at some point though, just cause i think matching rigs look nice.

7. The GK 810SBX doesn't sound the same as two 410SBX cabinets.

Noted GK 810 users are Adam Russell from Story Of The Year, Mike Davenport from The Ataris, Trevor Sellers from Number One Gun, and Casey Orr from the Burden Brothers.

8. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    well im convinced.. :rolleyes: