Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CarpeNoctem87, Aug 2, 2001.

1. I'm in the market for a new bass amp, something high-end for a low price. I recently came across the Gallien-Krueger Backline 250/115. It appears to be the best amp for the price. Has anyone heard of/own this amp, and if you have, do you know anything about it. Also, if you know of any better amp for under 500 that would be greatly accepted.
    Thank you!

2. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    I've heard about the amp, but never played it or seen it (other than in pictures). You might try cruising over to Gallien-Kruger's website to see if there's any additional information on it.

http://www.gallien.com

3. I've already checked the web-site. No luck. Thanks anyway

4. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I have heard of the Gallien Krueger Backline 250, which is a guitar amp.

I have also heard of the new for 2001 Gallien Krueger Backline 115, which is a 125W @ 8 ohm, 1x15 bass combo amp. The Backline 115 weighs 55 lbs. and has a totally new, built in distortion circuit (footswitchable), identical to the one which appears on the new 2001, 2001RB, which is an updated 2000RB.

5. thank you man.

6. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    You can order them now at Musician's Friend. There is the combo, a head, cabs, and a foot pedal version of the distortion circuit.

7. i know...that's where i saw it. they don't have them in stock yet though...not until the 20th.

8. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
  9. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
  10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  11. MODELL

MODELL

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You may want to try a new Genz Benz - either intro90 or ML200-115t These amps both have 15 inch speakers and a tweeter. They tilt back just like the GK. I have an intro90 and use it in small to medium size clubs. It is simple, sounds good and under $400.00. The ML has more wattage and I believe is a couple hundred more.

Good Luck

12. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Trip from GK here. To be honest the bacline 115 combo works well for church or studio. It does not have enough. volume. Check out the 400rbIII 115. That one blasts quite well.