1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, Mar 13, 2003.

1. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2514959818&category=4713

Hope this link works...anyways, could anyone tell me anything about this model, i've looked in shops for it, it seems to be a slightly older model. Is it good value? Would it be suitable for punk/ska? At the mo I have a cr*p Stagg 20W amp, with an external speaker output..will I be able to link that up to the cab?

Please help me, I need a new amp, and I definetly can't afford to buy a head as well.

:D Thanks guys.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    20 watts isn't much power...

3. 20 watts:meh: . I barely get by with 120. I'd say get the cab and save for a used head. I've heard people running extension cabs from 15 watt guitar combo amps and getting by quite well in there rooms! :p But seriously, you need atleast 50 watts for smaller gigs. That can barely handle a jazz show.

4. Uh...your going to need more than 20 - unless you hold your gigs in a bathroom. Keep saving till you can buy a decent head and cab. Otherwise...you'll just be wasting your money....

5. Sorry I forgot about the whole 20w thing...sorry. Yeah I will just have to save up for a while i thinks...cheers anyways. :)