Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, Mar 13, 2003.

1. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2514959818&category=4713

Hope this link works...anyways, could anyone tell me anything about this model, i've looked in shops for it, it seems to be a slightly older model. Is it good value? Would it be suitable for punk/ska? At the mo I have a cr*p Stagg 20W amp, with an external speaker output..will I be able to link that up to the cab?

Please help me, I need a new amp, and I definetly can't afford to buy a head as well.

:D Thanks guys.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    20 watts isn't much power...

3. 20 watts:meh: . I barely get by with 120. I'd say get the cab and save for a used head. I've heard people running extension cabs from 15 watt guitar combo amps and getting by quite well in there rooms! :p But seriously, you need atleast 50 watts for smaller gigs. That can barely handle a jazz show.

4. Uh...your going to need more than 20 - unless you hold your gigs in a bathroom. Keep saving till you can buy a decent head and cab. Otherwise...you'll just be wasting your money....

5. Sorry I forgot about the whole 20w thing...sorry. Yeah I will just have to save up for a while i thinks...cheers anyways. :)