GK amps and such

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkinSlick, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Hi,

I'm sorta new to the forums here, been reading threads and such for about a month or so and figured i'd post something. I've got a question about GK amps. I currently have an SWR workingman's 15 and am looking to upgrade. I tried out the 1001RB 210 combo and loved it, and i'm wonder what y'all think of GK? reliable? better to go with head and cab rather than the combo? if that what cabs go good with the head? I'm all ears to any opinions you may have. Thanks in advance!!
  2. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    i would stay away from GK cabs. i like the sound of a GK head and an Eden cab, myself. i would go with the head/cab setup.
  3. Macgyver

Sep 9, 2001
    neil i think you should sell all your bass stuff and build a house made entirely of hot wheels.
  4. I am a really big GK fan. I love the bi amp feature on the 1001. The only reason I would suggest a seperate amp and cabinet is if you wanted to upgrade to a 4 x 10 or something else. GK cabs don't have the greatest reputation I will admit. But I really like them " I think mostly because I own a few" Eden and SWR have more popular sounds and in most peoples opinions better horns. I agree about the horn but I don't use much highs except for to add "air" Musicians Friend has good deals on GK stuff. But go out and buy some extra horn fuses. I have blown 2 in the past 2 years.
  5. melvin

Apr 28, 2001

Back to the topic

I played the one of the rb/210 I dont remember what model but I really liked it. I even considered buying it. I havent a clue about reliability though.