Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gk and behringer combo...tone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pbass1, Aug 24, 2005.

1. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    since i started my "line out" thread...i have really been gas'n for a GK 1001 rb II . I find i liek the fact that it is 700 watts and heck, it looks cool. anyway....

how do you figure it wouls sound with behringer bb115 and bb210 's ? any one experianced it? any other low priced 1x15's out there?

thanks for the help

i cant wait to get the head... :hyper:

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Don't bother with the Behringers. Go with Avatar. Tried & true.

3. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    so quick to respond ox!
    what are these avatars going for?

and whats the tone like!

4. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Yorkville Sound makes good, high quality cabinets at good prices. They have 15s as well as 2X10s and others. Give them a try if you can. Great warranty too.

5. most likely much more clear, and much louder than any behringer can get. avatarspeakers.com

6. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    thanks ill check em out

anyone have any info on the head im looking at?

thanks for the quick responses...its like instant messeging for doofuses with out instant messeging!

7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Yorkville makes excellent stuff as well, but not as close to behringer pricewise as avatar.

8. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    whats the yorkville website url?

thanks for the help

9. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
  10. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    good question on my part... :bag:

11. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    Don't count out the Behringer cabs just because they are Behringers. I have the BA115 and I can tell you it matches up well with my two Avatar cabs(Delta 210, SB112) very well. The aluminum cone gives the 15 a quick and bright response. It really is not muddy but it gives a solid bottom and can handle any low B.

Avatar is another solid choice. If you can get somewhere and try out some cabs then do it. You also may be able to find some nice used cabs.

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'm NOT a huge Avatar fan like many are on this site, but I'd CERTAINLY buy Avatar cabs over Behringers.

13. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    robear, i certinly wont count out the behringers, in fact, i am an avid supporter of the brand. although i looked at the avatars, i didn't take to theyre liking...so im going with the 1001 rb II into a behringer bb210 and bb115...and thats final i think. to bad i could have a real high wattage behringer head, i liek theyre tone lots....

14. Robear22

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    If you like the tone then get it. Everyone should get what works for them and what they can afford!!!!!!!!

Let me know how the cabs work if you get them. I have not tried the paper ones yet. :smug: :bassist:

15. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    well robear, i already oen the bb 210 im wating on cash for the bb115 i liek the tone on the paper cones. behringer's price tag suits me better anyway. with all the other stuff my band needs, my funds are tighter than usual.

16. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Good luck... tell us if they're still working in a year...

17. Robear22

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    My BX3000T has been working since 11/03.

My EP1500 has been running since 7/04.

My bass V-amp has been running since 1/04.

And my cab has performed flawlessly since purchasing it this past April. If you take care of your gear it will last. If you have to have your volume past 7 to be heard then either your setting is too loud or you need more power. I have learned the more power the better. Most amps are not comfortable running at 11 for three hours and will eventually break down if it continues.