1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK and other 15" cabs -- too many choices

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott549, May 23, 2011.

1. I'm currently running a BL 600 with an Avatar 112 and a beat up old Hartke 15". Thinking of replacing the Hartke in the next few months with another 15". I don't want anything too heavy -- probably 45-50 pounds max. Some I'm looking at:

GK 115MBE
    GK Neo 115-III
    GK 115MBX
    Ampeg PF-115HE Portaflex
    Bag End S-15D

And there are probably a hundred others in the $300-$500 range. Has anyone listened to more than one of these for comparison purposes?

2. The New Avatar 15 neo looks great and good price too.

3. 63 pounds -- that is my issue with that cabinet.

4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    FYI the GK MBX cabs are not tuned deep......at all....MUCH better off with the Neo-2 series IMHO

5. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    True, but that box (TB153) is fantastic!!!!!!!!!

6. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    GK Neo115-iii is a nice cab especially for the price.

7. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    +1.

The gk NEO

8. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    I've got GK Neo 15 (I think it's a 1?), the bottom end is amazingly huge. +1 for GK

9. I just picked up the 115MBX, and I found it to have a ton of low end. I've been playing a 210 for the last 12 years, and I was really stunned by that cabinet. I bought it over other 115's and 210's that cost more because it sounded better for me.

10. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Also, you might consider adding another Avatar 112, exactly like the one you already have. 2 of the same is ALWAYS the best pair.