GK Backline 110, HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jherrera, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Jherrera

Jherrera Guest

Sep 25, 2004
    I got this amp when I first started playing bass and now I regret it. Its way way way to harsh. Smooth doesn't exist in this Amp's world. Is there anyway to fix that without having to shell out 350 some dollars for the Hartke kckback of my dreams. If there is a solution you need to tell me because Im sick of playing jazz that has the bass sound of creed.
  2. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Well i know that those backline series bass combos have built in distortion maybe you should see if you have the distortion on?

And the situation you are in is a great point of why you should try out music equipment before you buy it.

Check your EQ maybe you have your high end boosted to the stratosphere.
  3. Jherrera

Jherrera Guest

Sep 25, 2004
    no the distortion is not on, im actually not borderline retarded. I bought the amp early in my bass playing unaware if what I wanted from an amp and it sounded fine and was in a good price range. The sound isn't distorted it just cuts through everything, can't get a jazzy tone. Could a compression pedal help?
  4. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    What are the EQ settings at? Also if you think the GK tone has to much high I doubt you'd like the Hartke Kickback. Unless of cource you've already tried it and liked it.
  5. Make sure the contour button is in and back the treble off to about 9 oclock and the mid to about 11 oclock. You're going to have less headroom, but it'll be a much warmer tone. The Backline 112 would've been a better choice tonewise for jazz, but it sounds to me like you're ready to step up to a more pro rig. I would suggest a 400RB with a Neo 112. That'll give you plenty of warmth and clarity, both necessary for Jazz.