Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK Backline 112 or Behringer bx1200 buying in a hour help !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderaholic, May 30, 2005.

1. fenderaholic

fenderaholic

May 25, 2005
    Burbank ca
    hey guys im going to GC to buy one of these amps since i can not crank any of them. which is going to be louder the GK or behringer. i have read a lot of negitive reviews on the GK. the GK cost 199.99 same as the Behringer musicansfriiend is blowing out the GK. which would u get. i have a crap bass to ibanez gaxb150 but its ok for now i play rock like metallica system of a down ac/dc things like that.

thanks eric

2. i would get the GK, but im just being spiteful towards behringer, even tho theres alot of people who havent had problems with them

3. jbathehut

jbathehut

Apr 20, 2005
    I was going to get a GK115 Backline combo for my first amp until i came across these sites

http://www.activebass.com/resources/review.asp?i=4527#8640

http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data/Gallien_Krueger/Backline_115_Combo-01.html

.......anyway the reliability is questionable on the GK . All those negative reviews on several different sites have to mean something is wrong. I would spend a little more money or even buy a used combo.

I ended up getting a used Fender Rumble 100 on ebay for $240 shipped and I'm very happy with it.

4. jbathehut

jbathehut

Apr 20, 2005
    Oops, they were selling the Backline 115 at musicians friend for $199 a little while ago, but now it's up to $399. I don't know about the Backline 112, sorry.

5. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    That is not the price of the GK Backline 112. Read the fine print. You have to pay shipping. And they will only ship it via freight, and charge you an additional $70 in addition to all the other shipping charges.

The Behringer will probably ship for free.

I am not recommending one over the other here, but the Behringer will be much cheaper. Musician's Friend has a sly way of doing things sometimes.

6. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  7. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    He's buying a combo amp for $200. You can't even buy a single cab from Avatar for that price.

8. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    oops. :oops: skimmed thru that one... :bag:

9. fenderaholic

fenderaholic

May 25, 2005
    Burbank ca
    well i bought the GK 112 and it has a 10db post pad thing and i read it was for active basses if i use this feture on a passive bass will it mess anything up. i got the performence thing form guitar center. unlimted repairs double your return policy all that stuff so if any trouble with the amp its going back.

10. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I use the 10dB while practicing alone most of the time.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The 10dB pad will not damage anything with a passive bass, just make it quieter.

12. fenderaholic

fenderaholic

May 25, 2005
    Burbank ca
    any one no the difference between the GK 112 and the NEW 112 2 sam ash could have price matched the price from musicans friend but i got the new one the 112 2. i paid $ 255 for this instead of 279. i also do not understand the level-A nob i read the manual. whats it for.