GK Backline 115 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChronicPyromaniac, Mar 23, 2002.

1. ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    I'm looking into getting a new amp soon (early summer) and I was looking through MF and found two that I really liked: the Ampeg BA-115 and the GK Backline 115 (both combos). I'm on a real budget (under or about $500), so I can't get anything bigger. The GK seems to have more bang for the buck, and I'm wondering if it's worth the buy.
  2. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Well a person I talked to has the Backline 250BL head which is the head in the Backline 115 combo, he said I believe it was very good for the money and that you could get a really good tone if you tweaked it just right. I believe it was awhile ago.
  3. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    i would still get the ampeg
  4. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    if i were you id take that 500 bucks in a big wad into several local music stores, flash it, and see what they can hook you up with thats used. you'll get a lot more bang for your buck there. if you must have new though, and are limited to the choices you gave us, id also get the ampeg. I have a feeling that while the head might be ok in the backline combo, that the speaker will have some major setbacks. (just an inference)
  5. you could get a used Ampeg B2 combo for that kinda money.....
  6. ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Hey thanks guys! I'm DEFINETLY going to shop around a little bit (hehe...Bass Place....) before I buy anything.