Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK Backline 115 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChronicPyromaniac, Mar 23, 2002.

1. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    I'm looking into getting a new amp soon (early summer) and I was looking through MF and found two that I really liked: the Ampeg BA-115 and the GK Backline 115 (both combos). I'm on a real budget (under or about $500), so I can't get anything bigger. The GK seems to have more bang for the buck, and I'm wondering if it's worth the buy.

2. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Well a person I talked to has the Backline 250BL head which is the head in the Backline 115 combo, he said I believe it was very good for the money and that you could get a really good tone if you tweaked it just right. I believe it was awhile ago.

3. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    i would still get the ampeg

4. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    if i were you id take that 500 bucks in a big wad into several local music stores, flash it, and see what they can hook you up with thats used. you'll get a lot more bang for your buck there. if you must have new though, and are limited to the choices you gave us, id also get the ampeg. I have a feeling that while the head might be ok in the backline combo, that the speaker will have some major setbacks. (just an inference)

5. you could get a used Ampeg B2 combo for that kinda money.....

6. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Hey thanks guys! I'm DEFINETLY going to shop around a little bit (hehe...Bass Place....) before I buy anything.