1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK Backline 210 combo or Acoustic B200 Combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by burnzy, Sep 19, 2008.

1. burnzy

burnzy

Jun 18, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Ok, my budget is about $500. I don't really want to spend any more than that, even less would be great.

Anyway, I just started playing bass again, an Ibanez BTB 5-string, so this is going to be mainly a practice amp. I want something that is going to stay with me for a while. So these are the two combos I have been looking at.

The local GC just got a BKL 210 in but have not had a chance to demo it yet. I have played the Acoustic and it sounded good for what I want to use it for. I like the GK combo because it bumps up to a 300 watts if another cab is added, possibly a 15" down the road.

If there are other ideas out there, let me know. Looking for new or used.

:confused:

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    I've never played the GK, but can state from personal experience that the B200 is aces.

3. Bassmore

Bassmore Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    Yeah, like Lowbrow said and for grins when/if you try out the Acoustic B200 try pluggin in another 1 x 15 (Acoustic B115) cab kinda like you did with the Backline, then see what you think/hear/feel, my guess is you'll go for the Acoustic, but hey, that's just me.:cool: Technically, that Acoustic config. does not "bump up" the output (Watts) but it sure can spread it out (push some serious tonal air) very nicely.:eek: I think the B200 and B115 cab will set you back around $550.00 though.

Best of Luck,

Play On!:bassist:

Bassmore

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I have a Backline 600 head and a BLX 210. Essentially the same configuration as the combo you are looking at, just in head/cab arrangement.

For the money, it's a great little amp. It handles a Low-B without issue, and the distortion channel is pretty gnarly.

5. burnzy

burnzy

Jun 18, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Thanks Bassman, I was wondering how it would handle the low B. I have read some mixed reviews on here about that.

Thanks Bassmore,

For the price I have been leaning towards the Acoustic and it has got nothing but great reviews on here. But since it has a 15" already, I bet it sounds great with the Acoustic 4x10...hmmm.

Thinking about taking my bass in to GC and give both of these combos a test run. With and w/o the extended cabs.

:bassist: