Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK Backline 210-II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fell, Jan 30, 2006.

1. fell

fell

Jul 31, 2005
    somerset
    hi, i was thinking about getting a GK backline 115 combo but after hearing some mixed reviews of that particular model, i thought i'd have a look at the Backline 210-II.
    Does anyone know of any problems or has anyone got this amp themsleves? There's no local dealer for me to visit and try it out so your opinions are really valued here.
    If not this amp, then what other combo around 120+ watts would you recommend at this sort of price range?
    here's the page ive been looking at with price etc.
    thanks

2. fell

fell

Jul 31, 2005
    somerset
  3. Hey fell,
    My church has the backline 115. Now, I'm a gear snob so keep that in mind, but I think the Backline series sounds cheap. It's boomy and not very responsive. The 210 that I played through at Guitar Center farted out easily.

If you are looking for amps in that price and power range, look at the Workingman's series from SWR, or Ampeg, or Genz Benz. I hear nothing but good stuff on Genz Benz.

Hope this helps.

4. fell

fell

Jul 31, 2005
    somerset
    thank you, that's been one of the first clear opinions ive heard so far.
    i was looking through some other amps and came across the warwick sweet 15 at what seemed a very reasonable price (on the same website as the link above) but does it suffer from the same 'cheap sound' problem??