GK Backline 250-bl fuse problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by line1, May 19, 2005.

1. I had my 250-bl repaired two days ago for some bad solders that i have heard multiple times that the backline series amps tend to have. Today the fuse next to the power supply shorted as soon as i turned my amp on. I could see a blue flash through the grill and the power turned off. I opened it up to see a burned out fuse.

My question is weather or not the fuse blowing could have anything to do with the repair? (the repair did fix the sound problem) And where can i get a new fuse or if any music shop will carry one.

My next dilema is will the fuse blow again. I have a gig on the twentieth (friday two days from now) and on the first of june.
    Thanks for the help. :confused:
  2. well thanks for nothing. I took a few hours and many fuses to find out that in fixing the bad solders in the amp it caused too much power to go through the 2.5V fuse. We checked the entire board for shorts and there were none. We finally beefed up the fuse to a 3V and it works great now. I've had so many problems with GK manufacuring that i will never buy another one of thier products. I can't say much for their customer service either. Ahh well, i think i'll get an ashdown.
  3. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Dude, when replacing a fuse NEVER replace it with one of a higher value, you are allowing more current to flow through the circuit thus making your amp suseptable to even more problems than you have already been experiencing. That 2.5 fuse is a safety net when current gets too high, allowing more current will only cause other components to fail! What kind of speaker cab cable are you using? How many and what ohmage cabs are you using?