Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK backline 250 vs. ampeg ba115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SLAPBASSPLAYA5, May 3, 2004.

1. ok heres the deal: i currently have a ampeg BA115 combo. i was wondering if it would be a smart move to go for a GK backline 250 head & getting a 2x10 or a maybe a 4x10 cab. keep in mind i have a warwick & like the growl of it when i slap. what im looking for is something a little better suited for slap & i was wondering if going with the half stack setup would help out my tone?

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I have a GK Backline 250 and I suggest you look for something with more power and and the ability to drive at 4 ohms - like the 400RB-IV or the 700RB-II.
    The GK is clean and growly - but I dont know if you will like it after an Ampeg, so I also recommend: go and try one.
    And yeah watch out for used stuff

3. The 410BLX does not have a horn in it. You should maybe consider the 210SBX or the 410SBX for a better slap tone.

4. Yeah, I use an Ampeg B2R and 2 GK 410BLX's and kinda wish Id have gone with the horns (410SBX'x) too....Im happy with the rig save for the fact it could be "slappier"! Haha!