1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK backline BLX-II Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowendblues, Sep 19, 2008.

1. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Whats the general opinion of these? I have a new GK 400RB IV that Im running through an Ampeg B115 cab at 8 ohms.

It sounds grrreeeat at home at low volume, but I just gigged with my old blues band, and it farts out pretty bad. :meh:

Im thinking of picking up the GK backline BLX210 and the BLX115. Both are rated at 8 ohms, that would get me down to a 4 ohm load getting the most out of the 400RB IV, plus moving a bit more air.

Would this be a good way to go? Or, would I be better off picking up say,,,, a single Avatar 212 or 410, rated at 4 ohms?

2. If you get the 1-15" let me know how you like it.

The general consensus has been to stay away from the backline cabs. I am trying to buy some budget 15's....harder than it seems. It's coming down to me building it.

Used Peavey is always a good choice. I have played through a few Peaveys. They are heavy, but, if there were some local...I would snatch them up. You might want to look used. How much are you spending? What type of music?

3. I don't know about the BL cabs, but I'm sure glad I chose the BL600 Amp - fantastic sounding amp.

4. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    I've hooked up my Avatar 212 to my son's 400RB IV 210 combo to get full power from the amp and it sounded great. it's a 4 ohm cab so the factory speakers were disconnected, just the 212 & the 400RB. it was good!

I got the Avatar right before they offered the neo version so there may be a slight difference from the newer cabs but I've never had a chance to make a comparison. sometimes I find myself thinking that 8 ohm cabs might be a better way to go because you could do 115 & 210 or whatever. as for BLX vs Avatar cabs, I like Avatar.