GK Backline cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Alexander, Jul 16, 2005.

1. I have been thinking about upgrading to a bigger amp, and I found the Backline series. Are their cabs any good? Im 15, so I really dont have much money to spend. I was thinking about getting their 210BLX or their 210BLX-II, but I dont know what the difference is between the two. The 210BlX is $60 cheaper, but i dont know if it has as much handling as the 210BLX-II. I dont know what head to get though. All I know is that the 210BLX-II is 200W. So going bigger than that would be pretty pointless I think. Please help!

2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Buy the best you can afford. The 200W that seems like a lot now is nothing in a gigging situation. No joke. My 240W stack often needs PA support. IIRC the 210BLX handles 160W and the BLX-II handles 200W, is built in the same cab, but much better drivers.
  3. Soulfinger

Sep 20, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I think that an Avatar cab would be much better than a GK backline for about the same money.
  4. Agreed. Also if you are only able to afford a single cab, maybe you would prefer a 115 or 212?
  5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Musician's Fiend is selling the GK Backline 2x10 cabs for $129.00 right now.

I tried one at Mullet Center the other night and almost bought it for $169.00, but the lack of tweeter made me think twice. It sounded good overall.
  6. Could someone give me a link to the Avatar cabs? I am gigging right now with just a 65W combo. I have to turn it up all the way for me to be able to hear it because i use it as a monitor, and when I do it sounds terrible. I dont have any money right now, i just need an idea of how much i need to save.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  8. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    No, they aren't. :rolleyes:
    They just want you to think they are. Since you don't get Free Shipping, you get an extra $50 or so extra surcharge for shipping. Read the fine print before buying from places like this, please!

To your original question: The Backline cabs are okay, nothing special. They'll beat the Behringer cabs but they aren't anything special. Save up a bit more money and get Avatar or something else.

Avatar website: http://www.avatarspeakers.com . Before you ask any questions about Avatar, please do a search and educate yourself.
  9. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    If you're interested in the backline series, the 410blx-II is a solid cab, and fairly affordable ($300 U.S.?) 400watts at 8ohms means you can always add another cab and use a good loud 4ohm amp.
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Technically they are. They're only seeing about $130 out of the total of $180. UPS sees the rest.
  11. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    True, but it doesn't end up costing $130. And I don't think UPS is even seeing it, my guess is it's a BS surcharge where they can appear to be a good deal but actually make a good profit out of them.