1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK Backline Series vs the high-end GK line

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jim11895, May 9, 2010.

1. Jim11895

Jim11895

Dec 10, 2009
    Atlanta
    Hey bass world. I've got a Backline 210 combo, and I want to add an extension cab. GK makes the BLX115 cabinet, which is in the Backline family. It's pretty reasonably priced compared to the other 115 cabs by GK. Am I giving that much up in quality with the Backline series? Should I spend more money for one of the other GK 115 cabs, even though I'd be driving it with the Backline 210? I'm new to playing and amps are a bit of a mystery to me. I do like the sound of the Backline 210, but frankly, I don't have any other point of reference to compare it to.

Any opinions out there?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    A better cab will sound "better", but in the case of using an ext cab with a Backline combo, the BL 15 might "match-up" better. I'd just go with the matching 15 for now, and upgrade to better speakers if and when you upgrade the amp, too.

3. I rallied the GK backline 600 and bl115 and bl410 for a year straight man.Got some good tones out've it.Cheap as shyte too.Id say tryer out!Good luck!

4. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    I'm sure right now the backline 115 would sound great to you, but try it again in 2-3 years and I'm sure you'd change your tune. Personally I can't get a usable tone out of the backline cabs, they seem to be all mids (the worst kind too). But then again I was comparing it to my Epi 310 so the comparison is about as drastic as you can get.

5. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Endorsing Artist: Aurora Strings
    the back lines are foriegn made and a bit cheaper than their other stuff, but still good stuff. i use a 700RBII for my gigging amp but a backline 110 for practice. if i was to have a prob with the 700 i wouldn't hesitate to take the little backline if had pa support.

6. Jim11895

Jim11895

Dec 10, 2009
    Atlanta
    Thanks everybody. I appreciate the input.

7. The Backline cab for now, an Artist series cab will just cause G.A.S. You have plenty of time to develop G.A.S. latter.