1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK Backline Vs SWR WorkingPro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmasta18, Jun 8, 2007.

1. bassmasta18

bassmasta18

Jun 8, 2007
    Ireland
    Currently looking to buy a good combo, around 200 Watts for small gigs nd practice with a 3 piece rock band.

The Backline 210 and the workingpro 12 look good.
    Would love to hear from some one with first hand experience with one of these amps. Which is louder? Best tone?

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    IMO,
    working pro rigs are much better than backline series rigs. wp just all around better build than backline.
    also consider fender bassman line (not rumble) or carvin

3. what's the ballpark price you're looking at? there is something to be said for buying new gear (warranty, customer service, new smell...) but budget price doesn't have to mean budget gear if you're looking at used equipment. if i was looking to spend less than $500 i would not be looking at new equipment.

4. fhbandy

fhbandy

May 22, 2007
    Boston, MA

if i was looking to spend $100000000, i would still not be looking at new equipment ;)

.... unless it was markbass :meh:

5. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I would go used, and get a Working Pro 15". Better than the 12 for a variety of venues. There are quite a few on Ebay and Craigslist. Built like a tank and roadworthy. The BL combos are more of a practice rig and low end. Now as far as the BL600 head, I think that is a very good value for the $.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021