1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK cabs comparison [out of production series]

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Loretta, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Loretta

Loretta

Jun 22, 2014
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a new cab for my 2nd band. We play melodic mid-tempo punk rock, no hard core.
    The bass is an G&L L-1000 and the amp is a GK 400RBiv. The cab I use is an GK BLX 410 that belongs to the other band in that room, that's why I'm looking for one. The BLX is doing fine, just can't bring the lows the way I'd like. But the mids are really nice. Well, it's a closed cab.
    Now I'm a bit confused about the series GK had brought out in the past: There's the BLX, the RBX, the RBXii, the SBX and the RBH. What's the difference? What power can they handle?
    I'd almost like to get a 410, I want the punch of the closed box and the deeper tone of a ported one.
    Also I'm considering to get one 210 closed and one 210 ported - maybe the best way to go.

Do you have any experience with these cabs? Can you tell anything remarkable about them?
    Or am I just wasting my time on these dinosaurs and should get some decent modern cab?

lo

2. Loretta

Loretta

Jun 22, 2014
    Hamburg, Germany
    Nobody?