1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK cabs question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman_rob, Dec 23, 2006.

1. bassman_rob

bassman_rob

Dec 23, 2006
    Bend, OR
    I'm looking at upgrading to a GK setup. I'm really liking the Backline gear, particularly the 300w head. I know that I want a 1x15 cab and a 2x10 cab. My question is this: does the lack of a tweeter in the Backline gear make enough of a difference that I should shell out the cash for the full-on cab?

For $715 :)hyper:)i can get the whole stack just using the backline gear. Should I shell out the extra $200 to get the 210SBX-II Bass Cab instead of the backline 210BLX-II cab? And if I did, would it be an ok match using the backline 115BLX-II and the 210SBX-II?:help:

Thx for your input!:bassist:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you're going to be using a Backline head, it won't make a huge difference. The Backline head is full range and doesn't use the Horn Management System found in the higher priced heads. The horn is CRUCIAL to these heads, IMO, but isn't a big deal without them with your head.

Frankly, I'd bypass the Backline gear altogether and go for the 400RB-IV with SBX cabs, but that'll add a few hundred to your overall price.