1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK cross over stuff?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Jan 16, 2012.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    Not the most savvy with all the GK cross over functions and what have you.

I recently got a GK 800 RB and GK Neo 1x12. I want to make sure I'm hooking everything up the right way.

Since the amp doesn't except speakon, I have a regular speaker cable from the cab to the amp - cab is set on full range and attenuator to normal - the cable goes in on the 8 ohm/300 watt of the amp. On the front of the amp I am using the 300 watt master vol. and the push switch is out for full.

Am I making the most of the power here? Using everything correctly?

Thanks

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Yeah, you're doing it just fine. Fullrange and plug into the "low" amp jack for what you're doing. The crossover function on the 800rb is to run something like a subwoofer +top, or in my case 12" woofers + 6" top. If you only have one speaker, or a lot of the same type speakers, do what you're doing.

3. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    Sounds like you have everything set up right. I would probably cut the horn back a bit, the horn in my GK cab hisses, and is to brittle sounding for my taste.

4. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    I'm doing the exact same thing with mine, except it's going into a GK Neo212. Man, it's a killer sounding little rig!

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    Yea, no kidding!

I plan on adding a 2x10 eventually.

That rig zings!