1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK CX vs NEO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt holt, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Also going on what Mr Gallien stated I'm fairly certain these designs came along when the price of Neodymium skyrocketed.
    I'm good with some ceramic cabs with units that look this sexy and have these specs.

Arthur U. Poon likes this.
  2. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I haven’t tried all of them...All GK cabs have a Punchy reaction in general.

CX410 a little extra Punchy
    NEO410 very deep and articulate
    NEO212 Flattest So-to-speak Of them all.

My personal preferences are the CX410 and NEO212

3. RockDoc

RockDoc

Jan 5, 2007
    The CX 210 and the CX 115 are the same size and price. Assuming all other things are equal, which would make a better pair, and why (2 of the 210s, or 2 of the 115s)?

Red Planet likes this.
  4. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta

I would like to have a pair of each. I just ordered two of the CX210s. My reason is specs, they are more wattage and more SPLs. Also I'm basically going to have a 4x10 with bigger cab volume and it should have more wallop over the 4x10.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Arthur U. Poon, gepettus and RockDoc like this.
  5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Thanks to TonyP's advice, I'm going to buy a pair of Neo 212s.

The all tube head I was planning to buy will just have to wait.

TonyP- and pcake like this.
  6. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i just pulled the trigger on a CX115. i called all over, and no one within an hour of my house (7 GCs, 3 sam ash stores) have the CX cabs in stock. i got the last one from samash.com so if i don't like it, i can just walk it in to return it, but i have always liked every GK cab i've tried, so hopefully it'll rock.

hope you like 'em. i loved my neo 112 ll - having 3 more of that speaker could only be a good thing.

RockDoc, TonyP-, Al Kraft and 2 others like this.
  7. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    I'm looking forward to getting them. I'm adding them to my already ridiculous amp setup (GED-2112, Crest CA9, and a pair of Mesa PH212s) for when my band starts playing outdoor festivals.

Oddly, they will be the first GK cabinets I've ever owned. But I've owned and gigged quite a few GK RB Series heads in the past. And I agree with you 100%, every GK head that I've owned has sounded incredible and has been totally rock solid over years and years of steady gigging.

I'm even toying with the idea of buying a new RB1001 head. I haven't had a GK head in years, and I really miss not having one. The GK2000RB that I once owned was one of the best, if not the best amp that I've owned.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    TonyP- likes this.
  8. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    I can't wait to read your thoughts on those new cabs once you've put them through their paces!

pcake and Al Kraft like this.
  9. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    That was good advice Arthur...the Neo 12" loaded cabs are the most balanced in the Neo line and easily hold their own against even the boutique stuff IMO.

10. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I think your going to love them...
    Two of these boxes will trump and standard configuration.

I used 2 on festivals with either the 1001 or MBF800 with no issue.

Al Kraft and Arthur U. Poon like this.
  11. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i'll post initial impressions after i've gotten to use it a bit, hopefully by the end of this week.

Arthur U. Poon, Al Kraft and jwindham like this.
  12. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    My 2 x 212MBE-IIs, 4 ohms per. Great speakers, and I thank the GK customer service crew for helping me locate a second 4-ohm cab after they had gone OOP. The reps actually looked up the distribution of the cab I spec'd and pointed me to retailers who had received them. Found one still in stock and had it shipped.

gk.212.mbe2.Yamaha.BBT.500H.

13. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta

Nice!

14. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Nice and LOUD! And light! Deep and round... not so much. Great for a RnR P-Bass w/ rounds & pick guy like me - maybe not the thing for a 5-stringer or reggae guy.

15. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta

Me P Bass Kind of guy too!

My GK Cabs.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Lowbrow, Arthur U. Poon and pcake like this.
  16. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Tsunami-Bass-Hang-flyer.

17. RockDoc

RockDoc

Jan 5, 2007