Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK dealers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by red-hot-bassist, Jul 12, 2004.

1. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    on the GK webiste the only dealer listed for em is down in the south of england

is anyone anware of any dealers based in the north or even in scotland, or perhaps any reputable internet dealers based in uk?

cheers

Lins

2. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    forget about internet dealers in the uk it would still be twice as cheap to buy from an american dealer, ship it to the uk and pay taxes than it would be to buy in the uk. eg. the gk 700rb-II is available from www.music123.com for $599.99 shipping to the uk will be no more than $100 and taxes and duties no more than $150 that equals $850 (€690 or £465) but dont forget a power converter maybe another $50 incl all the above so the total maybe more like £480. still a lot cheaper than the RRP of about £650 i think. alternatively you could look at www.thomann.de the have gk heads and cabs too but are a bit more expensive than music123. shipping is pretty reasonable though from germany.

3. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    daniel seen as though you have replied to this thread can i ask you why it is so much more expensive to get a gk amp in europe. like i can understand that a different power source has to be put in but still there is €130 difference in the and that even includes duties and taxes thats a big difference.

4. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    sorry that €130 difference is on the 700rbII