1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK Diesel Dawg Settings & Discussion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kleinenenten, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Just got a Diesel Dawg and I love it! It definitely has plenty of range, and great controls. I was wondering if anybody out there had any specific "go to" settings for it, as I'm still just trying to figure the thing out after maybe 10-15 minutes with it. Somewhere to get me started; I realize with the enormous variations in heads/cabs/basses etc. I could never get "your" sound, but just want some fun stuff to play with. There's plenty of love on TB for the Dawg, but I haven't seen anyone's settings! So come on and share 'em!

On a side note, does anybody know if the pedal has changed at all? There seem to be two versions, with differently labelled controlled knobs. Is there any hardware difference?

Finally, anyone have any info on rehousing the Dawg? It's huge, and I know it doesn't take up all that space. I've seen the end results of people doing it here on TB, but no how-to's or tips. I'd like to try it if it doesn't require soldering and such. Anyway, that's it. Thanks for everyone's info, and I look forward to trying out plenty of settings in the near future, as well as posting some I come up with.

zapped777 likes this.
  2. Nothing? No interest at all...? :(

zapped777 likes this.
  3. Never touched the thing. But as a GK fan, I must request sound clips

4. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    Karli likes this.
  5. Karli

Karli

Jul 21, 2017
    Bielefeld, Germany
    I love my Diesel Dawg!!!

Recording our new Album with it - through a Mooer Radar ;)