Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gk, ea, or eden.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clouddead, Feb 16, 2004.

1. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    i tested out a gk today, and i wasnt really impressed with tone, but i was impressed with the power and weight issues. its only 650 at riks music. but then ive read about the tonal capabilities of the iamp800 (i like to tweak). its a lot more money, but is it worth it. and ihave played the eden wt-550, i like the warmth, but is 500 watts a diff. from 800 and 700 watts. mind you ill be using 2 aggie gs-112's. im looking for a warm dub tone to a modern and classic rock tone. plus headroom is a good thing, so thats what gets me about the eden.. so yeah, any of these should be a step up from my hartke 3000. what are your opinions?

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The iAMP800 is really in a class of its own. I think you will find it to be one of the most versatile amps you can plug into. With its semi parametric EQ, you can get virtually any tone you want out of it. Couple that with 800 watts(1000 into 2 ohms), and its lightweight. I really like the iAMP800!

3. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Theres also the new Iamp 500 which I picked up a couple weeks ago. If weight and price are important this amp is a good compromise. I've played Eden and GK heads and prefer the tone of the EA heads. I like a warm but articulate sound.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I cannot recommend the iAMP 800 highly enough. Especially if you like to tweak. I'd be happy to answer any more detailed questions, but in general, my thoughts are that the EA is very much the clear choice.

Tom.